Monday, April 5, 2010

Comic Convention and a Sponsor!

Hey there! I've got some exciting news for you readers/listeners!

First, there was a comic convention near where I live this past Saturday. My ultimate goal was to polish off my Birds of Prey collection, but I came away with so much more!

Batman Family #4
Batman Family #5
Batman Family #7
Detective Comics #481
Suicide Squad #49
Black Canary/Oracle: Birds of Prey #1
Birds of Prey: Wolves #1
Birds of Prey Secret Files 2003
Birds of Prey #52-65 (now I'm only missing #15 and some one-shots!)
Showcase '94 #12

Iron Fist #1-5 (Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker)
Batgirl: Year 1 #1-3, 5
Nightwing #104-106 (last half of Nightwing: Year One)

But what I'm most excited about? I now have in my possession, Detective Comics #359, the first appearance of my idol, Babs! Yayz!

And my other bit of news? Batgirl to Oracle now has a legitimate--and, might I add, a great--sponsor: Mile High Comics! I'm particularly excited about this partnership because MHC prides itself in having a HUGE stock of vintage comics. This is fitting for a podcast that is starting from the Silver Age! You can use the link on my page to get to their site. I can attest to the quality of their service as I bought a bunch of 80s comics from them for research. From the bottom of my heart, thank-you Mile High Comics!

Fly on, Babs lovers!
Stella

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice haul, you must have enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, indeed! And what was great was the fact that I got the majority of those for $1 a piece! Comic shows are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete